Friday, September 16, 2011

New Home for the Martel Family


Mr. Martel standing beside his old home.

I am Rene Martel and I am 56 years old.  I live with my wife, and our 11 children between the ages of 32 to 3 years old.  When the earthquake struck I was working, but my wife and some of our children were in the house. When they felt the earthquake, they ran out of the house.  Thankfully they were all out before our house collapsed.  After that, we lived and slept outside for about a week. After that, we built a house using the materials that were usable from our old house.  But our new house has many problems, it is leaking and not very secure.  It is not a great life this way. Therefore, we are very thankful that BHM came and built us a new house. It is the biggest thing that could happen, because I couldn’t have done it by myself.  What I needed has been given, and I am very thankful for that!
Martel Family with some of their children in front of their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment